Easton Press “The Complete Works of Charles Dickens”
Easton Press produces the highest quality collectible and limited edition books. Its 21-volume set of Charles Dickens’ classics is no exception. The books are all beautifully bound in full genuine leather and accented with 22-karat gold.
Charles Dickens is one of England’s most famous novelists and widely considered the greatest author of the Victorian era. As highlighted in his most famous novel, A Christmas Carol, Dickens wrote compelling stories with memorable characters that also spoke to the social and moral issues of his time.
As with other Easton Press collections, the books reflect superb craftsmanship. They are printed on acid-neutral paper and feature sewn pages, both of which ensure that they will last for generations. The books also include a satin-ribbon page marker.
The Dickens’ classics are illustrated by various artists and introduced by various scholars. Many include the original vintage images. The front cover is stamped with author’s cameo in gold, while the author and title are written on a black label attached to the spine.
The following titles are included in the collection:
1. A Tale of Two Cities, illustrated
2. American Notes, illustrated
3. Barnaby Rudge, illustrated by James Daugherty
4. Bleak House, illustrated by Robert Ball
5. Christmas Stories, illustrated
6. A Christmas Carol and Other Stories, illustrated by Reginald Birch
7. David Copperfield, illustrated
8. Dombey and Son, illustrated by Henry C Pitz
9. Great Expectations, illustrated by Edward Ardizzone
10. Hard Times, illustrated by Charles Raymond
11. Little Dorrit, illustrated by Mimi Korach
12. Martin Chuzzlewit, illustrated by Wray Manning
13. Master Humphrey’s Clock, illustrated
14. The Mystery of Edwin Drood, illustrated by Everett Shinn
15. Nicholas Nickleby, illustrated by Steven Spurrier
16. The Old Curiosity Shop, illustrated
17. Oliver Twist, illustrated by Barnett Freedman
18. Our Mutual Friend, illustrated by Lynd Ward
19. The Pickwick Papers, illustrated
20. Sketches By Boz, illustrated by Goerge Cruikshank
21. Papers, Plays and Poems, illustrated